Book Review of "Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success" by Steve Harvey

My Personal Book Review of: "Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success: Discovering Your Gift And The Way To Life's Richies" by Steve Harvey


I got the book for Christmas and thought, "Do I really need to read this book?" I already read 'motivational' books and felt I was on a certain level in my gift. I am working on the consistency of the doing part (and still working on that part...lol.)

 I am happy I didn't listen to my pride and started reading this book.

first of all, I love the writing style of the book. It is easy and very down to earth to read. I felt like Steve was directly talking to me as I read it.

You remembered me asking, Why should I read this book?  I got that answer in the introduction!  (Part of the text of the Introduction, page 3 highlighted in red below)

"It's for you if you are just starting out, or have decided to stop struggling with obstacles that you are determined to overcome, or have already been climbing the mountain and can't find the motivation to climb anymore. It's for those of you who have fallen. It's for those of you who have traveled part of the way and discovered that this can't be all the world has to offer you."

The line: "decided to stop struggling with obstacles that you are determined to overcome, or have already been climbing the mountain and can't find the motivation to climb anymore", spoke to me and had me locked down to read more!

Moving on, I want to keep this review as short as possible.

I think Steve is a good role model for success and I am thankful for this book. I love how he cheers you on to join him and a community of others aiming for success. That you can let Steve and others know your progress on your road to success and encourage them on their road as well.

 The book has 17 chapters broken into four sections. I won't state every part and chapter for time's sake. I will mention certain chapters that spoke to me deeply. 

Chapter 1 - "I'm Tired of Myself " - Steve talks about getting to that point that you know you MUST do something  NOW towards your God-given dream.

Chapter 2 - "Fear and Failure" -  Steve explains the difference between the two and his examples of overcoming both.

Chapter 4 - "The Dash between Perishing and Sacrificing for Your Dream" - Steve talks about making a difference living your dream or doing nothing. The 'Dash' speaking of the dash between your birth and death on this Earth. A very convicting chapter about how you want your life to matter.
 

 Chapter 5 - "Not What You Are Paid For, but What You Are Meant For" - The title says it all!

and there is so much more! But for the sake of time, I have to wrap this review up!

Conclusion:

Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success" by Steve Harvey, is a great book to buy and apply! It is worth having in your collection of motivational books. I know you might be saying, isn't he a comedian? What could he have to say that will motivate me? Don't take Steve and this book lightly.
When you read from his life and perspective and apply it, you will be motivated. I enjoyed reading the book and keep it out to read certain chapters over and over again. I think you will too!

If you want to buy the book, you can click HERE


Thanks for reading my review,
donovin


Stay tuned for more book reviews coming soon


Another book you might be interested in by Steve Harvey:


Jump: Take the Leap of Faith to Achieve Your Life of Abundance Paperback (2017)



If you like poetry and want a simple read... You can order my book, “WORLDLY PASSIONS” available to order on Amazon or in the Rose Dog Books Book store.


Read my mind about other things on my Thoughts Blog: https://thoughtsbydonovin.blogspot.com/

Do you like eBooks? You can browse through a variety of books in my digital stores:
Reasonable
Check Out other Book Reviews of books I have read:
 
👕 Into T - shirts and mugs? Browse my Designs store at: donovin_4_designs 

💻 Interested in starting a Home Business? SIDE HUSTLE

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review of "NO MATTER WHAT!: 9 STEPS TO LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE" by Lisa Nichols

Book Review of: SOAR: Build Your Vision from the Ground Up by TD Jakes

Book Review of "Soul Shaping" by Jeff Brown